Summary: Whether you accidentally deleted the Gmail emails or those emails disappeared due to some reason, and you want to recover them. So in this article, we are going to provide you with some techniques by the help of these tips, the messages will restore if your Gmail Messages Are Missing from your Google Mail account. Or, you can go with Gmail Backup Tool to back up your Gmail mailbox messages.
Google Mail is a powerful email message client for managing your email messages with 15 GB of space in the free version. Users can keep their years of previous emails with new messages on this Gmail account.
It’s available for users to run on Mac, Windows, and Android. Gmail comes up with Drive, Docs, Photos, Meet, and other dominant productivity tools. What happens in that situation if the email messages in Gmail go missing? In the following part, We are about to deliver the most common reasons why Gmail Messages Are Missing from your account.
Common Reasons for Missing Emails From Google Mail Accounts
There are some main reasons why your Gmail email messages are disappearing from your Gmail mailbox. Let’s see the reasons that will help you to understand why your emails are missing.
- If you have enabled a filter to delete all incoming or outgoing emails, this filter may be a reason for missing your emails.
- There are many reasons why your Gmail emails are forwarded to other email addresses. It may be a reason for missing emails in Gmail.
- Slow internet connection to the router or computer may be a crucial reason for not finding your emails in your Gmail account.
- There may be a possibility that any anonymous person has deleted the emails from your account.
These are some reasons why your emails are missing from your Gmail account. Due to these issues, many users want to migrate Gmail to Office 365 environment. In the next section, we are going to see the tips, which will allow you to fix your missing emails from your Google mail account.
Techniques to Recover The Gmail Messages That Are Missing
Maybe those emails have gone to Spam, Archived, Accidentally deleted, or something else. Some methods can help you to recover which Gmail Messages Are Missing those methods are following.
Method 1: Check Gmail Trash/Spam or Archived Mail Folder
Method 2: Review the Filters
Method 3: Turn Off Gmail Forwarding
These are some ways that will help you to find the missing emails of your Google Mail emails in an easy way.
Method 1. Check Gmail Trash/Spam or Archived Mail Folder
If an email is not in your inbox, there is a possibility that the email may land in other places, and these are Spam and Trash or might be archived. Here are the steps by which you can find your lost emails.
- Launch the Gmail application on your browser and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Now, in the search box, click on Show search options.
- Afterward, go to Search criteria and select Mail & Spam & Trash from the Dropdown menu, and hit the Search button.
- You can enter the applicable information in the fields above like subject, date, etc.
Method 2. Review the Filters
Email Filter is an important feature that provides users to automatically delete or archive an email when received if it comes into the criteria set in the filter. Here are the steps of how you can check your filters in Gmail.
- Open Gmail Application on your browser and sign in.
- Here, hit on the Gear icon and click on See all settings.
- Now, navigate to the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Here, if any filters have been created earlier then a delete option is there, you can delete that filter or edit.
Method 3. Turn Off Gmail Forwarding
Email forwarding is another important feature provided by Gmail. Sometimes, you might miss an important mail if the original email has been deleted after being forwarded. Here, the steps have been given to check the settings.
- Open Gmail Application on any browser.
- Hit the Gear icon and click on See all settings.
- Now, navigate to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Here, check the forwarding section and ensure that you have selected keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click on the Save Changes button to turn off email forwarding.
These are some best methods for finding the missing emails in your Gmail account. But, these solutions can take a lot of time, and to use these methods, you need technical knowledge. So, we provided you with the best utility Gmail Backup Tool for taking a backup of your entire mailbox of Gmail. It will help you to resolve the problem of Gmail Messages Are Missing from your account.
Advanced Approach to Backup Your Gmail Mailbox
The Gmail Backup Tool is an effective way to backup your Gmail mailbox into various file formats such as PDF, PST, MBOX, HTML, MSG, etc. It also permits users to transfer emails from Gmail to numerous email clients like Yahoo Mail. Hotmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, and many more. In addition, the utility provides some additional advantages, which we are mentioning in the next part.
Advanced Characteristics of Gmail Backup Software
Here you can see the additional benefits of the utility, which are in the following.
- This software permits users to convert Gmail mailboxes to multiple file formats and transfer them to numerous email clients.
- It allows users to prevent unnecessary duplicate files from migration.
- The Gmail Backup Software displays the Google Mail folders and their subfolders at the beginning of the conversion.
- This utility provides a feature to Maintain Folder Hierarchy during the conversion process.
- It has an Easy-to-Use Graphical User Interface.
The Essence of the Words
In the above write-up, we have discussed how we can fix the issue of Gmail Messages Are Missing from our Google Mail account. To recover the missing emails, we have seen some ways like checking the trash folder, spam folder, archived mail folder, etc.
But, to perform these techniques, you must have the technical knowledge to execute them. And, and have spent a lot of time. So, we have guided you to go with a standard utility Gmail Backup Tool that helps you to backup your entire Gmail mailbox easily.