Summary: If you are looking to shift from GroupWise to Cloud-based Office 365, then you won’t be able to complete it without the third-party migration tool. The reason is that there is no manual solution to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 account. This blog will explain to you such a solution that will be able to meet most of the user expectations.
Novell GroupWise is one of the oldest emailing platforms that allows users to communicate through emails easily. It’s designed with an advanced user interface and provides multiple features to make collaboration easier. But it does not mean that it should have a monopoly, and if we look at the current perspective, many other emailing platforms have their market away. One of the better examples is Office 365 because it provides better safety to user data and offers better collaboration.
If you have come here to know about the perfect solution to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 you have reached the right place. In this blog, we will introduce you to one specialized migration solution.
Key benefits of migration from GroupWise into Office 365
- After migration towards Office 365, there is no need to maintain the on-premise or in-house server that becomes difficult to handle at a point in time.
- User data in Office 365 is safer than any other traditional email client, which is one of the key reasons for users to look to migrate from GroupWise to Office 365.
- Office 365 offers multiple applications like Skype for business, yammer, One drive, teams, and much more, making collaboration more convenient.
- Users will have access to there from all locations, and they can access it with the help of any device.
- Office 365 provides large storage space; they can increase it if required by upgrading their subscription plan.
- If the user chooses the Office 365 service, they don’t need to think about the up gradation as Microsoft automatically releases the updation.
As we have already informed you, no manual methods are available, so the user needs to review the third-party software to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 environment. In the following section, we will discuss one solution that makes the most straightforward for most users.
GroupWise to Office 365 Migration via third-party Software
The solution that will help users make the migration quite easily is the Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool. This tool is one such solution that will concurrently migrate multiple GroupWise mailboxes of any size. Also, it couples with many user-oriented features and is designed with an extremely easier user interface so that no one will face any issues while making the migration.
Usually, creating the connection of the GroupWise client to third-party software is difficult. However, this software eliminates the complexity of creating a connection with GroupWise, which results in achieving efficiency to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 environment. By following a couple of easier steps, users can do this task quite smoothly.
To know more about the software functionalities, kindly check them below:
- It supports all versions of GroupWise and also the Windows Operating system.
- Did not make any limitation on adding up the multiple GroupWise mailboxes of any size.
- The folder mapping option of this software plays its role if the user looks to migrate the data from one source folder into the target.
- Users can also make use of the software data filter option. By using this option, users can easily include as well as exclude the required items from the added GroupWise mailboxes.
- When applied, the incremental export option of this tool comes as a saviour. Whenever the user resumes the process to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 then this tool will only process the remaining data.
- Its previewing data facility allows users to check their added data, eliminating the chance of migrating the wrong data.
Process to Migrate mailboxes from GroupWise into Office 365
In this section, we will help you to migrate from GroupWise to Office 365 with the help of the third-party software described in this blog. Kindly follow the below-explained procedure to complete the migration:
- First, users should add the required mailboxes to their GroupWise account. To add the mailboxes user can directly go to the software ribbon bar and select Add GroupWise. Otherwise, from the folder view section, users can add their mailboxes.
- To add the mailboxes, the software provides four different options Default, Online, Caching mailbox, path and remote mailbox path. Later on in the server details, users need to mention details like user id, password, etc.
- Now users can check the added mailbox in the folder view section of the tool. Select the required mailboxes and choose Office 365 option from the ribbon bar.
- Users can select any requited folder and the sub-folder from the added mailboxes; kindly click Next.
- In this window, the user needs to connect with the target environment, which is Office 365. Select the first option, which is Outlook profile. Once done, kindly click on Next.
- Now you can map the source mailbox with the target. After that, kindly validate to know whether the mailbox exists or not. Hit on the Next button to continue.
- A filter wizard will open, and from here, users can filter the data on the basis of several criteria, one of which is to filter data by item type. After that, make sure to click on Next to start the migration.
Now this GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool will start migrating the user mailboxes, and after completion, it allows users to download the complete migration report in HTML file format.
Also Read: How to migrate Emails from IMAP to Office 365 – Complete Guide
We have looked over the possibilities of migrating the GroupWise mailboxes into cloud-based services such as Office 365. It is not easy to migrate GroupWise to Office 365, as creating the connection with the source mailbox is tedious. So to eliminate such complexity for migration, we have showcased one of the better solutions to make the migration effective and quicker. Users can examine the performance of the above listed tool via its free version to know about their real capabilities.