Summary: If you are using Thunderbird and Gmail. And become frustrated with managing both and seeking a solution to migrate Thunderbird to Gmail. Read this write-up, and you will find the complete solution, how you can instantly transfer emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to Google Mail, with some simple manual ways.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source email program provided by Mozilla Foundation. Like another email service, it stores your emails, contacts, calendar, notes, etc. It includes many outstanding features, such as chat options, RSS feed reader, newsgroup options, etc. Contrarily, Gmail is a widely used email service offered by Microsoft. It offers many outstanding features like automatic email filters and categories, smart compose and reply in email and many more.
Many organizations prefer Gmail because it allows the accessibility of emails from anywhere and from any device. Also, there is no need to install any software and configuration to use it. So, due to outdated functionalities and the old model user interface of Thunderbird, users are looking for a solution to export Thunderbird emails to Gmail. However, In some scenarios users also want to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook as it provides a professional work experience to its users. Now, move to know the reasons why users wish to transfer their emails from Thunderbird to Google Mail.
Key Factors That Push users to Migrate Thunderbird to Gmail
Here, you will see some of the main factors that users want to send their Mozilla Thunderbird emails to Google Mail.
- Google Mail provides vast storage space to its users, by which they can store a large amount of data.
- Gmail is both an email client and an email service provider.
- Gmail’s all data keeps on a cloud server, and you can access them from anywhere.
- You can configure Gmail with many OS platforms like Android, iPhone, Blackberry, MS Outlook, etc.
- Google Mail allows you to manage Hotmail and Yahoo accounts with one account.
All the above-listed advantages of Google Mail insist users transfer emails from Thunderbird to Gmail. Now let’s move ahead to perform the manual methods for importing your emails to Gmail from Thunderbird.
How to Migrate Thunderbird to Gmail manually?
Gmail provides IMAP access which helps you to keep your data on the server and access it from anywhere. First, you need to configure your Gmail account in Thunderbird. It will enable you to manage both mail accounts in one place. So, you need to sync your account. For this, follow the below-given steps to import emails from Thunderbird to Gmail.
- Go to the browser and log in to your Gmail with the required credentials.
- Click on the Gear icon and press on the See all settings option.
- In the Settings page, go to Forwarding and IMAP/POP and check the Enable IMAP.
After performing the above steps, Open your Mozilla Thunderbird Application and follow the given process stepwise:
- Launch the Thunderbird Application and navigate to the Tools tab.
- After that, choose Account Settings from the given options.
- Under the Account Settings page, hit the Account Actions button and click on Add Mail Account option from the drop-down menu.
- Here, enter your details, Full Name, Email, and Password. And click the Continue button.
- Wait for seconds till the configuration is not complete, and press Done.
- Afterward, select your desired email from the imported mailbox.
- Lastly, Right-click on that, choose the Copy To option, select the specific email id and choose the desired folder.
- Finally, your emails from the Thunderbird mailbox has exported to the Gmail folder.
As you can see from the above-discussed steps, you can successfully migrate Thunderbird email to Gmail. But, the method has limitations too, it is a time-taking process, not an option to filter unwanted email items, and there are no options to transfer multiple email items at one time, and many more. Therefore we recommend you choose an alternate solution Cigati Thunderbird Backup Tool and perform the hassle-free migration process.
Expert’s Solution to Migrate Thunderbird to Gmail
Cigati Thunderbird Backup Tool is a salient utility that helps users to export their Thunderbird emails to many other file formats. Also, the software migrates the Mozilla Thunderbird emails to various email clients. Moreover, the tool furnishes multiple unique features, which have given in the following part.
Significant Features of Thunderbird Backup Tool
The most efficient features of the utility ensure a smooth working experience for its users. Those features are as follows:
- This tool migrates Thunderbird emails into multiple file formats like PST, PDF, HTML, MHTML, MSG, DOC, DOCX, DOCM, EML, EMLX, CSV, and others.
- It allows the users to migrate Thunderbird emails to different email clients such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office 365, Hotmail, AOL, IMAP, iCloud, Zoho Mail, etc.
- The tool provides a feature to remove duplicate emails from the migration process.
- It permits users to back up Thunderbird mailbox within chosen dates from the Date Range filter feature.
We hope this guide has helped you complete your specific task effectively. We have used the manual method to migrate Thunderbird to Gmail. But as we saw, the manual approach is a lengthy process. Users need technical knowledge to use this method. For that, the Cigati Thunderbird Backup Tool helps you to transfer your Thunderbird mailbox emails to your Gmail directly. It’s up to you what you choose.