Summary: OST is a database file format used by Outlook to store emails and other elements in local storage. There are various circumstances where users need to transfer OST files from one platform to another. Therefore, this article describes the methods of how you can migrate OST to Office 365 effortlessly using some effective techniques. To complete the whole task error-free, try the automated OST to PST Converter.
Outlook uses OST and PST file formats, and both are used for storing data you work in Outlook and stored locally. You can create a backup file of your all Outlook data in the PST format using Outlook’s Import/Export feature. After exporting in PST, you can easily import them into Office 365. But the questions arise, what are the main reasons behind this migration process? Some of the major reasons are; after transferring the OST files into Office 365 cloud platform, you can access them by using any device and anytime from anywhere. Thus, many users wish to migrate OST to Office 365 and search for a manual solution that can help to finish the task.
Manual Technique to Import OST to Office 365
To use this method, you need to install the MS Outlook application and sign up with a valid Exchange account. After configuring your Outlook account, consider the following steps to move further.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your system and go to File Menu.
- After that, go with Open & Export and click on Import & Export option.
- Thereafter, hit on Export to a file and click the Next button.
- Here, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Now, select the mailbox account and click Next.
- Then, hit Browse and choose the location to save the PST file.
- Finally, click the Finish button, and you can see the PST file in your given location.
[Note: However, you can’t change the corrupted OST files into PST using Outlook for desktop. For this, you have to opt for an advanced tool that has aforementioned in this blog.]
After exporting the OST file into PST, you can use some methods like Network Upload or Drive Shipping methods to import Outlook OST to Office 365. Although keep in mind, you must have a vast knowledge of Exchange Server for using manual methods like Drive Shipping or network Upload. Also, you may lose your crucial data if any wrong step is taken by you during performing the manuals. Therefore, to overcome a tedious and complex method, go with the direct solution to complete the migration task quickly and get error-free results.
Professional Method to Migrate OST to Office 365
SysInfo OST to PST Converter Tool is the right solution to upload OST to Office 365 directly. This converter tool enables you to execute multiple other tasks apart from just transferring OST to Office 365. You can export the .ost files into various email client file formats and can migrate them onto numerous webmail clients. Also, you can convert OST to PDF using the utility. Now, move to the next segment, where we will discuss the work procedures of the software.
- Download, Install, and Run the SysInfo OST to PST Converter on your PC.
- After that, choose the Single/Multiple File option to upload the OST file and click Next.
- Now, add the OST files to the software and hit the Next button.
- Thereafter, select the files that you want to migrate to MS 365.
- Then, choose the email client as Office 365 from the drop-down list.
- Afterward, enter the O365 email address and a third-party app password.
- Next, check the other functions which you need to apply.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to begin to migrate OST file to Office 365.
Also Read: How to Migrate GroupWise to Office 365- Step by Step Guide
In this article, we have described an advanced software OST to PST Converter to quickly migrate OST to Office 365. Moreover, we have provided a manual technique also to perform the same task. But, as you have seen, these manual methods require technical expertise to execute the steps. Now, it depends upon you which method you opt to complete the mentioned piece of work.