Summary: Mac users look for different ways to import OST files in Outlook 2021. As OST files are only accessible on the windows operating system. So today we will share a manual way to add OST File into Outlook 2021/2019/2016 on mac. Although, for a safe migration process you can also go with advanced OST to PST Converter for Mac.
OST is an Outlook file format that allows users to store their data locally on the computer. It is useful for those users who do not have access to the internet or have low connectivity issues. These files are stored in a local database and can be accessed when a user is not connected to the internet. However, these files are more prone to corruption issues.
On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook enables users to contain email messages, calendars, tasks, and more items. You can access this information at any time with an active internet connection. It stores the data in a safe and secure form. So without any further delay, let us explore some best practices and prime reasons to open OST file in Outlook 2021 and the below versions.
What is the Need to Import OST File in Outlook 2021?
The following are the prime reasons generating the need to add an OST file in MS Outlook.
- You can access the data from anywhere, from any operating system.
- It securely stores the data without any data mismanagement.
- The data becomes easily shareable with other users.
- There are lesser chances of data corruption.
Now, it is time to go through some top solutions to import an OST file in Microsoft Outlook. In the next part, we have mentioned a manual and a professional solution to perform this conversion process easily and quickly.
Manual Solution to Import OST File in Outlook 2021/2019/2016
Following are the two manual processes to manually shift your OST files into Microsoft Outlook without any hassle.
Method 1: Add OST File into Outlook 2021/2019/2016 using the Archive Feature
- Go to MS Outlook and click the File option.
- Tap on the Options from the left pane.
- After that, select the Advanced option and hit on the Auto Archive Settings.
- You need to set the day count to run auto-archive.
- After it is done, click on the Ok button.
- At last, Outlook will automatically create an archive of the OST files at the specified time.
Method 2: Import OST File in Outlook 2021/2019/2016 using Import/Export Feature
- Go to MS Outlook and click on the File option.
- Now, hit on the Open & Export option and thereafter select the Import/Export option.
- In this new window, select the Export to a file option.
- Pick the Outlook data file (.pst) option and hit on the Next button.
- Click on the Outlook profile or folder you want to add to PST format.
- Lastly, assign a custom saving location and hit on the Finish button.
Both the above methods are only applicable to the windows operating system. If you want to import an OST file in Microsoft Outlook Mac, you need to go with the professional solution. Apart from this, these above solutions have more limitations such as:-
Limitations of the Manual Solution
- The process is quite lengthy to implement,
- You will need to pre-install Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Novice users or users with non-technical backgrounds cannot apply this solution.
- It is a bit tricky and complicated to apply all the steps of this process.
The best way to eliminate the problems is to go with a professional/automated solution. It will assist best to import and open OST files in Outlook 2021,2019,2016 without any data mismanagement.
Automated Solution to Import OST File in Outlook 2021
MacSonik OST to PST Converter enables you to safely transfer OST files into Outlook with attachments. It migrates the data securely and easily without interrupting its original folder hierarchy. You can perform single or multiple file conversions in no time. To start using this solution, follow the step-by-step guide.
Step-by-Step Guide to Import OST File in Outlook 2021/2019/2016
- Install and Open the MacSonik OST to PST Converter on your system,
- Add the required OST files you want to add to Outlook.
- Tick the required mailbox items from the tree-structured list and click Next.
- Choose HotMail from the save-as list and log in to its account.
- Apply the desired features of the software.
- Lastly, click Convert to start the conversion process.
HotMail users are now sifted to Outlook.com. So when you will select HotMail as the result from the save-as list and login into its account. It will redirect you to outlook.com.
What is the Need to Use MacSonik OST to PST Converter?
- You can convert or migrate OST files into multiple file formats/email clients.
- It maintains the original folder hierarchy of the files or folders so included.
- You can also import OST emails with or without attachments.
- It generates 100% risk-free conversion results.
- You can even transfer multiple large OST files into MS Outlook in one go.
- You can access this utility on all the old and new versions of the mac operating system.
Hope, now it’s clear to you how we can transfer or add the OST data to the Outlook account. Now, it has been seen that many users are having a query “How do I import an OST File into Outlook 365/Office 365?” So, to perform this process you can go with the Mac OST to PST exporter and it will import OST file to Office 365, Gmail, Thunderbird, and many more email clients.
In conclusion, the safe and reliable way to import OST files in Outlook is the professional Mac OST to PST Converter tool. You can easily and quickly transfer OST email data to MS Outlook 2021/2019/2016 and the below versions. It delivers 100% risk-free results by maintaining the original data structure. Moreover, it can convert OST files to PST, PDF, MBOX, CSV, EMLX, DOCX, and many more file formats.
Ankit Roy is a professional Technical Content Developer and Search Engine Specialist. He has great knowledge about Email Migration, Cloud Backup, File Conversions & Data Recovery for Mac. Ankit developed his skills in technical content writing throughout his undergraduate days. He continuously researches on best methods and techniques to simplify the backup and migration process to meet the user’s requirements. He additionally developed his skill in Google Analytics, Keyword research, and Webmaster tool.